Sunday, June 21, 2009

May be gone for a while...

The good news (for you) is the Ghostbusters review is finished, after a whirlwind 3 days of playing/writing, and will hopefully be posted in the next couple days. The game is very, very good.

Now, in terms of both this blog and my presence on Live, you may not see much of me for the next 6-8 weeks. The reason for this is Walmart training starts on Monday. The training location is about an hour and a half away from where I live. In order to spare me 3 hours of commuting time every day, they're picking up the tab to house me in a hotel Monday-Thursday nights, then I come home for the weekend. I'll be bringing my Xbox (and keeping it in the trunk of my car) but there are several variables I don't know the answer to yet:
  1. I don't know if I'll even be able to hook my 360 up to the room TV.
  2. If I could, I still may not be able to connect to Live.
  3. I may be busy with "homework" from the job trainings, or doing a little professional networking with my fellow managers, so there's no guarantees on how much free time I'll have during the week.
So, if it seems like I've dropped off the face of the earth during the weekdays, this is the reason. After this training ends, I should settle into a more predictable routine. This first week, I'm only taking Tiger Woods 10 and Ghostbusters with me (I need to get to work on Tiger 10 review next), and I'm not bringing my headset, as the wires are too cumbersome, so I'm out for party chats during the week, even if I am on. Sorry folks.

My PC will be going with me, and I'll probably have a much easier time getting the internet with this, so there may still be some blog posts, about what I'm doing, or some special topics. Maybe I can finish the Twitter rant, or finish reading Jurassic Park and Lost World so I can go back and finish the Jurassic Park post. For now, everything's in the "we'll wait and see" department.

Just thought I should give you all a heads up.

2 comments:

  1. Great to see your working life is soon to start, I remember your blogs a few months ago when you were really worried about job hunting haha.

    Good luck with your training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, congradulations on getting a new job. Good luck with your training. I will be praying that you will learn everything you need to during your training and you will make the right connections.

    ReplyDelete