Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Valentines Day everyone! I hope you have a great time. I'm spending this morning and early afternoon trying to get some stuff done, with virtually no success... Sunday through Tuesday will be brutal. Then, later this afternoon, Amy and I will be getting together and hanging out, as well as going somewhere nice to eat. It's been a while since we've gone out somewhere, and had an evening all to ourselves, so I'm looking forward to it.
In Barcelona, Spain.

Amy's not exactly the sentimental type, so I'll do my best to keep this post sap-free so she doesn't punch me LOL =P But, in the spirit of the day, allow me record some of the advantages of dating another gamer:

1. You can talk about your hobby and they know what you're talking about.

When I talk about games, I may occasionally hear "You're such a dork," but she knows what I'm talking about. The first conversation I remember us having involved killing Ganados in Resident Evil 4. I knew then that she was more awesome than most.

2. Co-op Sessions

Playing L4D together is fun. It would be even better if Amy bought a headset so we could actually talk while doing it (we live on opposite sides of the campus). Of course, we do local co-op from time to time, and some games like Guitar Hero together.

3. Game Exchanges

So far, this mostly has involved me hooking her up from my collection, but it's definitely not a bad thing when your girlfriend wants to borrow Dead Rising, Afro Samurai, and Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad (seriously).

4. She knows what Achievement Points are.

My point-fixation would probably be another "You're a nerd" conversation (I know that, thank you ^-^), but she knows what they are. She's even told me about trying to get the "Red Mist" achievement in L4D. While it's highly unlikely she'll ever be a major point-chaser, hope springs eternal LOL.

I think that will cover me for today. I'm not feeling particularly chatty today. Gotta go get more done (or at least try) before Amy and I go out. Happy V-Day all.

No comments:

Post a Comment