Tuesday, February 3, 2009

GSL VII Preview: Meet The Hand of Thrawn

Today, I'd like to introduce you to a team that's going to be making waves in this season's GSL. It really shouldn't come as a surprise, when you consider who is on the team. The Hand of Thrawn represents the reunion of three members of the GSL VI Champion team, The Silent Assassins (ThrawnOmega, BL4CK SiLv4, and Derek1337). We all have experience with a GSL, and know what you have to do to win it, which gives us an advantage over most of the other teams in the league. Of course, every teams thinks they're going to win, and I have no problem with that, but you're a fool if you don't think we'll be competing with you every step of the way.

For those of you out there who didn't follow GSL VI, or don't remember, let's review some stats.

How about MVP totals for the whole season (Black dot by name = Assassin):
As you can see, all 4 members who were on the team the whole season made the top 10 in the league. There was a revolving door of subs in the last 2 spots, but once Silva found his way into the ranks, he definitely made some noise. He nearly cracked the top 10 as well, despite having 2-3 less weeks of play than almost everyone else.

Or how about some weekly totals from returning members of the Hand of Thrawn? We clearly know how to score, and we can and will do so again. While other teams can talk trash based on their potential, we speak from know-how.

Week 7:
Derek: 5,964
Silva: 6,298
Thrawn: 7,750

Week 8:
Derek: 7,260
Silva: 7,395
Thrawn: 7,530

Let's meet the members of the Hand of Thrawn:

Captain: ThrawnOmega
You've seen my numbers from GSL VI. I lived up to the pre-season hype I threw about myself, and was the 2nd overall pick in the draft that season. Now I'm taking that experience and using it to lead a team to the best of my ability. Whatever the outcome of the league, I promise you the Hand of Thrawn will be one of the most organized and cohesive teams in the league. We will have fun, and won't self destruct if we fall behind. Since this whole blog is about me in some form or another, I don't want to spend any more time on myself.

BL4CK SiLv4:
Unquestionably the best sub ever for TSA. He showed up and came to play. A resident of New York City, he's used his mad photoshop skills to make our team sig. He knows how this game rolls, and his advice will be invaluable to our team's success. Look for him to crack 100k early in the competition.

Derek1337:
He's Mr. Reliable. You can count on him for consistent points, which is extremely valuable in GSL competitions. When he tells us how many points he's going to put down in a week, we can count on those points showing up.

Bishop024:
This guy has the gaming hook-ups. If he wants a game, you can count on him getting it. Where some captains may see the high scores he, Derek, and Silva have as I liability, I know that means they know how to score points. Bishop is already well on his way to organizing his plan for GSL domination. He'll crack 100k not long after Derek and Silva do. He's someone to keep an eye on in the MVP race, I reckon.

Sabre x360a:
Sabre is a Staff Sergeant in the U.S. Army, which means instant respect from me, for his service to our country. As one of the "low" gamerscores on the team (compared to the rest of us), he has a ton of potential games to play to boost his score. His ability to put down over 5k points in January convinces me he's serious about scoring points, and I know he can kick it up a notch in this tough competition.

DarkTharen:
A fellow Minnesotan and Star Wars fan, I consider him my apprentice for GSL VII. We shall teach him the ways of point whoring, and his sub-10k score represents enormous potential. In his own words, "I hope to play with some of the best so that I too can become one of the best." You're on the right team for that, no doubt.


The Hand of Thrawn even has a team silly enough to take us on as rivals. The team Rogue Squadron has taken it on as their mission to take us out, no matter what. We don't tolerate rebellions, and will therefore do our best to utterly dominate them, as well. I think, even if neither team wins it all, taking out the other will still feel satisfying. I wish the best of luck to all the members of Rogue Squadron. May you bring your A-game, and suffer absolutely 0 RRODs. You'll need that luck... I'm not sure you knew what you were getting into when you chose us as rivals. =) God, I can't wait for this league to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment