Sunday, August 16, 2009

Seeking Game Case Art. Ideas?

So, I'll be moving into my shiny new apartment in under two weeks, and I'm super excited to be packing up and moving out to a place of my own. I'm also excited that it will be the LAST time I have to move all my shit for the forseeable future. For the last 4 years, I've basically had to move everything I own every 3-4 months, and that gets old in a hurry.

The only thing I don't like about my apartment is that the walls are painted white, and I can't repaint them something else (sky blue would have been nice). So, I'm in some serious need of wall art to make the place look less sterile and boring. I have dozens of movie posters from when I worked in a movie theater, as well as a few anime or game posters, so I COULD have more than enough if I wanted to. Thing is, I want my apartment to express my (admittedly nerdy) tastes without coming across as totally "40 Year Old Virgin" calibur dorkdom. So, everything that goes up on the walls is going to be FRAMED, and I'm not going to overload the walls with stuff.

One area where I need suggestions from you all is on one idea a had for making a really simple collage to frame up on the wall. My idea is to take a poster board (as a thick backing) and carefully glue to it the front case art for every game I've 1k'ed. I haven't decided yet what to do for Arcade titles, or if they should just be left off. Suggestions on how to incorporate those would be appreciated. Once I fill the posterboard to the size of the frame, that one would be framed up and placed on the wall. I'm sure this is nerdy as hell, but I think it's a nice physical symbol of progress, and many games have some great case art. I can keep making these, as eventually (when I own a house) I'm going to have one room that's the "Nerd Room" for stuff like this anyway (just one room, not the whole house).

My major problem is I don't have the case art for every retail game I've completed, due to renting the game, or selling it once I finished it. I really don't want to have to rebuy games I've completed just to get their case art, so I'm seeking suggestions. What can I do? Of course, donations would be welcomed if you don't mind sending me the case liner for games I don't have. Here's what I KNOW I'm currently missing:

Silent Hill Homecoming
My Horse and Me 2
Rapala Fishing Frenzy
Warriors Orochi
Warriors Orochi 2
Condemned
Condemned 2
Prey
Disney's Bolt
Dead Space
Frontlines Fuel of War
College Hoops 2k6
Fusion Frenzy 2
Madden 06
NBA 2k6
CSI Hard Evidence
Cars Mater National
Lost Via Domus
Golden Compass
Fantastic Four: ROTSS
Fight Night Round 3
Dirt
Avatar
King Kong
TMNT
Enchanted Arms

Possibly Need (have to check when I have time):
X-Men The official Game
Sonic's UGC
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2
Alone in the Dark
Oblivion
Spiderman FoF
Open Season
Eregon
Jericho

Any help or suggestions on how to go about this project in the best and least expensive manner would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment