Monday, July 6, 2009

What an Awesome Weekend

While I didn't get any of that double XP action in Gears 2, it was still a most excellent weekend. I went back to Eau Claire to see many of my college friends for the first time since I graduated, and we had a blast. Lots of floating down the Chippewa River in tubes, eating at Texas Roadhouse, and such. Watched Reno 911! The Movie, and played HOURS of Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine from the Genesis collection. My roommate and I have a storied rivalry in that game, where we can literally play the versus mode of that game against each other for hours on end, trash talking the whole time. It's an amazing spectacle.

Saturday we went to my roommate's parent's house to spent the 4th, and participated in a pontoon parade, ate great food, played yard games, and watched fireworks. Sunday was a lot of Wimbledon (too much, TBH) and more fun on the river. It was great to see my friends again, my former roomate Stefan in particular, as he'll be leaving soon for a 1-year nursing program in Nebraska and I won't see him again for quite a while.

Now, I'm at the Elk River Holiday Inn for another week of training. I've been spending a good amount of time socializing with my fellow new managers, and getting some reading done. Gaming really hasn't been high on my radar, but I'm going to try to give it an hour or two a night starting tomorrow... I probably won't play anything tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment