Thursday, July 23, 2009

Home Store INVASION

Oh, poor blog. How I've neglected you this past week. I've forgotten to finish the Jurassic Park posts. I was going to start a write up on terrible games that get crapped out for the DS and Wii, and I forgot the list of all the games I saw in Walmart that really exist (and really shouldn't). I guess that post will come Saturday.

On the gaming front, I've been touch-and-go with Lost Odyssey, since I feel its too time intensive to really sit down and enjoy after a long work day. So, most of my gaming time has been spent in Mirrors Edge, which is a better game to play in limited time. Running from rooftop to rooftop has been fantastic fun, and I'd say the game was worth all the $20 I paid for it. While I'm enjoying the storyline, the time trials are pretty brutal, since there's no room for error when going for high ratings. I'm not ready to give up yet, but I may simply go for all the campaign achievements, whatever time trial stuff I can get, and then call it a day.

Most of my time and energy has been devoted to work lately, where I'm now in the first of two weeks of training at my home store in Hutchinson. I'm a little irritated that what I have to learn is more book oriented than as hands-on as I had hoped, but its nice to start meeting some of the people I'll be working with and get some hands on knowledge. It's great to be a part of a management team that is nice and really knows their stuff. I shouldn't have too much trouble fitting in and learning from them.

Today was payday, so I stopped being such a cheap-ass (sorta) and bought the movie Borat for $5, which I'll probably watch tonight, as well as watch Burn Notice, and then maybe play some Mirrors Edge. Later folks!

1 comment:

  1. "I stopped being such a cheap-ass, and bought a $5 movie."

    Lol.

    That said, glad to hear things are going well for you - stay in touch (and remind me next time I see you to bring Jurassic Park back to you).

    ReplyDelete