Friday, July 10, 2009

Unrolling Game of the Week and Game With Thrawn Nights

My gaming backlog isn't getting any smaller here, and it's been too long since I completed a game. So, I'm going to make an effort to try to complete, or at least make significant progress in at least one game every week. If I don't make it, I'm not going to be too beat up about it, but I'm hoping this extremely loose goal will get me into gaming a little more.

Also, I'm planning on starting up "Game with Thrawn" nights, where I'll play online with readers of this blog and other friends. To make things interesting, I'll be deliberately avoiding the most-played games on Xbox Live, for the most part, and want to focus on trying out games that don't have as much online play (if I can get enough people to have a game going). Of course, Horde nights in Gears 2 would be periodically on the table. I'd like to run this once a week or maybe twice a month, to have fun online and be social. It's an opportunity to chill with people I haven't played with before (but spots would be open for my long-time buddies if we're having trouble filling out a session).

Game with Thrawn nights are NOT boosting sessions. We're going to play the games legit and have fun. If players want to boost before or afterwords, I'm totally OK with that.

I'm thinking next Friday night (July 17th) from 8-10pm CST will likely be the first Game with Thrawn night, and I'm leaning towards Timeshift, Unreal Tournament III, or Vegas 2 (in that order) as options. Interested parties can comment here or send me an XBL message.

1 comment: