Monday, April 12, 2010

When Titans Fall

Sabre is be beneficiary of what can be best described as gross overconfidence on my part. In our Survivor competition over on x360a, there were two people below me in points going into the last day. One of them was Sabre, the other a guy across the sea. Surely I was going to best one of them, right?

So, like the Rabbit in the famous "Tortise and the Hare," I took a nap, working on getting to rank 40 in Bioshock 2 instead of trying to grab some points. Had I spent that time working Avatar, I would have outscored Sabre's 170 points, and lived. While I was hardly trying to win, it would have been nice to have lasted longer. See, children's fables DO have real world parallels.

And you know what? I was cheering Sabre on to survive that round, so our friendly rivalry would last longer. Let me cite some examples:

Originally Posted by ThrawnOmega
Sabre had to go out of town for the weekend, and won't be back until Monday. So, unfortunately, if anyone is on the hotseat for elimination, it's my boosting hombre. I hope he can squeeze in enough points to survive, as I don't want our friendly rivalry to end so soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrawnOmega
I probably don't need to, but I'm going to try to put down a few additional points today, since the next elimination will probably happen while I'm still at work tomorrow.

Come on Sabre! Hope you're able to pop a 'cheevo or two early Monday.

How does he repay me? Making a blog post to rub in my face. So, my counter campaign is to make him feel like an asshole =) Is it working? Of course, I'm only half serious about it LOL.

It just goes to prove that, contrary to popular opition, I AM mortal, and CAN be defeated... just don't get it in your head that it happend often =)

But, since I'm the bigger man, I will continue to support Sabre for as long as he remains in the competition. Thrawn is a gracious winner and not a sore loser. Guilt thick enough? =P

Since I'm no longer in the running, it's back to business as usual, as I am boosting Blacksite with the HOTBA, and I'm about 25k adam from rank 40 in Bioshock 2. FFXIII is a slow work in progress, and of course I have plenty of other distractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment