Saturday, April 24, 2010

Countdown is Over, and Empire Rises

That funky countdown clock on the right of the blog has hit zero, and with it, the official unveiling of the Hand of Thrawn Podcast. You can check out our forum at www.handofthrawn.com. Right at the top of the page, you will see a button to click to launch the first episode of our podcast.

This is the start of something that will hopefully grow ever more awesome. Of course, this is our first episode ever, so things won't be perfect, but we'll improve with time. We've got the skill sets, we've got the planning down. Now we're just going to get better and build our audience.

Oh, and be warned: Episode 1 contains explicit language. Silva only got beeped out about 60-70% of the time. Again, practise makes perfect LOL.

Enjoy the show, and feel free to give us feedback. We'll be back again next week =P

P.S. forgive the messed up blog format. I've been trying to tweak it so I have two columns, but I don't like the current look. Once I'm off from work again, I'll be tweaking it some more.

5 comments:

  1. Really liked it, one suggestion I would give though is don't bleep out Silva. You know what he's saying anyway and it just sounds cruddy! I understand you would have to make it explicit on iTunes if you do go with my suggestion but I think it will make the podcast better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I'll do NJC is next episode I won't bleep silva out. I made the podcast explicit on iTunes so we'll see how that goes. Once the episode is posted up (Friday) let me know if it sounds better without the bleeps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frankly, I would really, really prefer if Silva just didn't swear so we didn't have to beep him in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He' be like a fish outta water then though Thrawn. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found it really funny how much he did have to get beeped and you guys missed a few times. All and all that means you would have to hit the beep button every time he spoke. LOL

    Personally I enjoy what he has to say and how he says it. I will make sure that I listen to the podcast with earphones on so that my kids don't hear anything.

    ReplyDelete