Saturday, April 17, 2010

Bioshock Research Sorrow

So, I've been going through Bioshock 2 again to mop up the last three achievements I need, only only when I hit Outer Percephone did I realize, to my horror, that I screwed up research (again) and will now have to do about 90% of a third playthrough. I had everything good, except I need just a tiny sliver more experience to finish of the Bid Daddies. Well, there are no more Big Daddies this far in the game, which means I'm completely screwed. My last save --- is from Ryan Amusements!

I'm furious at myself for not making multiple saves in case something like this happened. Now I have to finish up this play to get Brass Balls and all weapon upgrades, then reload my Ryan Amusements save and start again. The only good thing is that I won't have to see that play to the end, and can turn Vita Chambers back on to play as recklessly as I want. Simply blow through the story, research enemies, and call it quits.

Bioshock 2 is a great game, for sure, but there's no replay value in it for me. I want to be done with it and throwing my copy up on Ebay. If 2k actually does release single player DLC down the line, I can always rent a copy from Family Video or borrow my brother's disc if he'll let me. I'm trying to get into the habit of selling off games I know I won't be playing again for a long time (if ever) earlier, while they still have a higher value, to help reduce the cost of other game purchases.

Sigh. Well, I'm going to go out for a bike ride to enjoy the fine spring weather, and then I'll be back to an evening of Bioshock.

There's just under 4 hours left on my ebay auctions as of the time I type this. All are selling for more than Gamestop would give me, which is nice. Check yesterday's post if you're interested in what they are, and bidding.

1 comment:

  1. The second area of the game....can't remember what it is called. It's where you have to research the Brute for the first time. An infinite number of Big Daddies spawn there, so you can research continuously until it is maxed. Find a vending machine near a bot shutdown panel, fail the hack, and get yourself two free bots. If you have ice drill power that helps too, and you can constantly go back to the drill refuel station on this level to fill up after you kill a big daddy. I did this on Hard without dying or taking that much damage at all, and had Big Daddy research maxed before moving on to the next level.

    ReplyDelete