Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Tuesday (and Wednesday) Update

Real Life News: I continue to be busy as hell with work. My project for this week has been to edit one of my two stories for my Creative Writing capstone. Since the original draft had so many structuring issues, "editing" is really a euphamism for re-writing the whole damn thing. I think only 10% of the original story is still intact. Rewriting a story to be of almost publishable quality in 4 days is a LOT of work. It'll need a third pass before I try to get it published, since I've had to change so much, but it will be good enough for the needs of the class. I really need to get this crap done with... I'm SO behind on job hunting, and May 16th keeps drawing nearer...

One weight has been lifted from my shoulders though. My girlfriend troubles are over, and I'm now officially single again. That wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be... I think we both knew it had been dead for a while. We're still friends, as we both still like each other well enough as human beings, but that relationship did not work... AT ALL. When you've been in a relationship over two years and it's completely devoid of affection, something is seriously wrong, and I'd had enough of that. I'm going to hold by from expressing the full range of my frustrations, as that's not needed here, and I really do wish to remain friends with her. I'm not going to bother looking for someone again until I have this job/place to live thing figured out, but if something happens, I won't stop it.

Gaming News: I'm still playing a ton of Gears, and I'm at level 32 with 164,000 XP at the time I type this. I've crossed over from using the Lancer to the Hammerburst. It really is so much better. That chainsaw vacuum everyone complains about wasn't happening for me... I couldn't saw shit, even in situations where I clearly should have been able to. While using the Lancer, I could empty entire clips into enemies, without missing a shot, and not down them. I think the lancer has been nerfed to the point of uselessness, while the Hammerburst absolutely tools people. Good accuracy, stopping power, and range. The way things have been going lately, I don't miss the chainsaw at all...

I started Silent Hill a bit to break up the Gears. The inability to invert the camera is driving me insane, and the combat kinda sucks, but the atmosphere is awesome, and the game has drawn me in anyway. I'm looking forward to working through it, as I love survival horror, and would welcome nabbing the 3-star horror badge on 360voice.

That covers me for now. Just doing the best I can to survive. That transition from college to full independence is kind of a bitch. I just have to take things one step at a time, and everything should work out for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment