Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thrawnosaurus Rex Devours Locust

For those of you just tuning in, I hit the 100k milestone yesterday! You can read about it in the post below, if you haven't already.

Last night was another night in Gears with the gang, and it was both an awesome and shitty night at the same time. It's always fun playing with those guys, but we lost almost every single match. The beginning of the night was simply horrible! Maybe it was bad matchmaking, maybe we all just had an episode of collective suck. As the night went on, I got incredibly hot, but we STILL lost almost every match. Come on guys, I can only do so much =P

The following is a game-by-game breakdown of my kills and deaths for the night, taken from gearsofwar.com (all games are Guardian):

Game 1: 2-9
Game 2: 11-4
Game 3: 1-5
Game 4: 2-4
Game 5: 9-12
Game 6: 5-8
Game 7: 27-7 <----------- (Insert T-Rex roar here)
Game 8: 6-0
Game 9: 14-11
Game 10: 12-5

Total: 89-65

As you can see, it wasn't all good, but I became a beast down the stretch, and managed to make a dent in getting my kill/death ratio back to 1.0.

Bishop, Silva, Sabre, and Dark were all witnesses to it (Dark guarded my body for most of the 27-7 run, so he had the best seat in the house). For those of you who couldn't make it, my last several games looked a lot like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DQhHeC5aNc

Overall, this night was mostly this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V595oWP5tSE

(Why are the embeds not working... oh just clink the links... LAME!)

In other news, I've completed Silent Hill Homecoming and have that heading back to Gamefly, and treated myself to downloading Banjo-Tooie as a reward for finally hitting 100k (and cause I get another $150 grant payment tomorrow lol). I'll have comments on both of those games in upcoming posts, but I'm too crunched for time today to write much more today.

No comments:

Post a Comment