Monday, April 6, 2009

Leave A Message At The Beep

...because Thrawn can't come to the blog right now. This is a post to let you know that this blog is taking a week off, and posts Will resume on Monday, April 13th. I enjoy blogging, but want my posts to be quality, and not rushed garbage. I'm going to be so busy this week, that I won't have time to bring quality to this blog, so I'd rather take the week off.

The Excuses:

Gaming relevant:

1. GSL Week 8: The hunt for 100k (maybe) concludes. As you'll see from the Real Life reasons, I may not have time for 3.25k points this week.

2. Monsters vs. Aliens review: I need to write the review, and that takes time.

Real Life reasons:

1. RESEARCH: My finished product is due 2 weeks from today, and, to be blunt, I have a f***ing ton of work to still do on it. I need to code just 1-2 more blogs to get by, but then I need to do all my data analysis, make my poster, and proof the whole thing.

2. ENGLISH CAPSTONE: I need to finish my second short story by FRIDAY of this week. Right now, I have half a freaking page. So, beside a review and research, I'm writing a while story in 5 days. That's not easy folks. I also have 3 weeks to edit both my stories to publishable quality.

3. HOLIDAY WEEKEND: I'm going back home for the Weekend, and family obligations will take up a chunk of my time (a very big one).

4. Life after May 16th: Eventually I need to figure out what the hell I'm going to do after college LOL. As soon as #1 and #2 on this list are finished, I'll be devoting a lot of attention to this issue. Anyone know some good employers in the Twin Cities area dying for competent writers or Sociology majors with research experience? =P

What got me in the predicament of being this work loaded? GSL 7. I can't do anything half-way, so I gave this my best, and probably have spent too much time on it. Well, it's over after this week, so that problem goes away. I did have a lot of fun with it though, except for a few parts where the bad games got to be too much. I can't wait to slow down!

My saving grace here is that I work extraordinarily well under pressure. I have been writing papers in the last minutes since 6th grade (that was eons ago), and you know what? I've gotten As on every single one of them. I have difficulty focusing on work unless there's a sense of urgency. It's probably not normal or healthy, but I can superhuman massive amounts of work in short time periods when I need to, and all of it will be high quality. This is one of those times. Over the next week, I'll be doing an enormous amount of writing, and all of it will be high quality (I hope). None of it will be here, however.

What do you have to look forward to after this week off?
  • Special topic: The 7 Deadly Sins of Achievement Whores
  • Special topic: MMO gamers vs. Console Gamers: A look at player perspectives
  • More regular gaming updates, as GSL will no longer be all-consuming
  • An effort to have more editorial content

That's all folks. I'll catch you in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment