Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I'm Still Alive

FYI: I'm aware that the changes to the blog's formatting look terrible. I'm working on changing around the whole layout, and it's a Work In Progress. Should have the final changes tomorrow to go with that day's post.

If I had the time and creative energy, I'd write you a version of the "Still Alive" song from portal with Retail job appropriate lyrics. Due to the demands of getting everything finalized for our grand re-opening after the end of a remodel, I've worked 58 hours in the last 5 days, including 16 hours across two of my "days off." Such is the nature of the beast. Don't really want to say more on it than that, just that I've been really, incredibly busy.

Tomorrow will be a total crash and relax day, as it's my only true day off before I work 3 more 12 hour days. I'm thinking of trying to watch Saw III (I'm trying to work my way through all of the Saw movies before VI comes out), and play some Batman and Banjo-Tooie. If I can get the people together, I'd like to play some Firefight is ODST.

Due to peer pressure, I purchased Crash Course for L4D, and I'm rather wishing I hadn't. The last piece of DLC I saw that was in such a poor state on release for The Pitt for Fallout 3, and they were smart enough to pull that off the marketplace. Crash Course is littered with graphical glitches, which are consistent throughout. My brother and I kept seeing them in the same spots. Even worse, Valve's servers seem to be having tantrums. Every time we tried to play online, we got disconnected, and that never, ever, ever happens for the two of us. Gotta blame Valve on this one. If you haven't purchased the DLC yet, wait on it. This current version is unacceptable. Others can love on Valve all they want, but their star is starting to dim in my eyes, but that's a tangent for another day.

Today, I had the opportunity to watch Saw and Saw II, gained one Firefight achievement with my brother and Bishop (normal isn't hard at all; don't be a pussy and play on easy... I'm NEVER doing that again LOL... once was enough), and completed the campaign in Magic: The Gathering. I'll take the 50 as a welcome back to the joys of gaming.

I'm going to attempt to get back into completing (or at least pushing above the 75% mark) two games before adding a new one to my card. Of course, my failure rate for gaming goals is pretty close to 100%, so we'll just see how THAT goes lol.

The current Four are (since I myself had forgotten):

1. Batman
2. Halo 3 ODST (need 3-4 people for almost everything left at this point)
3. Lost Odyssey (temporarily shelved until I'm more relaxed and have time)
4. Banjo-Tooie

Side Projects:

1. Magic: The Gathering (48 wins for 100% unlocked, 2-3 more ranked wins)
2. EDF 2017 armor grinding
3. Section 8, because I should probably enjoy the MP as much as I can while people are still playing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment