Sunday, May 3, 2009

Pop Culture Special Topic Week Begins 5/11

I spent the weekend out of town chilling with friends, and over the course of the long car ride and random conversations with friends, I've come up with a week's worth of special topics that I think will be interesting to write/read about. Since I have a major paper to write this week, I can't do these posts now, so the next week will be more general gaming posts. During finals week, when I only have two tests, I'll have much more available time, even though I'll be doing job-hunting related tasks as well. This is just a sneak peak at what's in store.

Note: It's called "Pop Culture Week" because I couldn't think of a better unifying name...

Jurassic Park IV Conceptualized: I'll be outlining how I would write the script for a Jurassic Park IV, which would hopefully redeem the series after the poorly written 3rd movie. The fact that the script writers for III didn't even try to mine the source material depresses me. All the foundations for a good 4th movie exist, if you look in the right places.
Superhumans in the Real World, Part I: A God Among Mortals: The first in a three-part series where I use my sociology skills and knowledge of pop culture superheroes to ponder what would actually happen if someone became superhuman. This post considers what would happen if a superhuman was the only one of their kind.

Part II: The New Minority: The series continues to speculate on the treatment of superhumans if they were a small, but noticable, minority group.

Part III: Living in a Superhuman World: The most speculative of the superhuman posts, I consider the possibility of an X-men like universe where ordinary people without powers are the minority.

Non-Gaming Girls and Soul Calibur 4: A post about my non-gaming female friends watching me and a friend play Soul Cal. 4. I don't mean to come across as sexist, so the comments here are not generalized to all women... just my (periodically) irritating female friends. What they care about in the game and what the rest of us care about are not the same...

Hope the above looks interesting! That series will kick of May 11th. Until then, enjoy gaming-related posts, as usual.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see you have this all organized, I look forward to reading about your female friends and Soul Calibur 4.

    ReplyDelete