Friday, February 26, 2010

Switching Goals. Surprised?

Anyone who has read this blog for more than a week knows how horrible I am about making a goal, sticking at it for a week, then chucking it for something else. I've have so many goals... Operation Jedi (abandoned), J-Quest (onging but on the backburner), the Rule of Four (couldn't make it work, but I may try again), Hit List 2010... So many goals, none completed. Now for another one so vague, some progress is going to be made on it whether I like it or not LOL.

Hit List 2010 is going bye-bye, replaced by a different goal with a similar medal-based progress system. Instead of going for specific completions, I'm aiming for a set number of completions is general. The medal system is based on an average of one completion a month for the first two ranks, then varies after that.

Bronze: 12 completions in 2010
Silver: 24 completions
Gold: 32 completions
Platinum: 40
GODLIKE: 50 completions

So far I'm at 3. The platinum and GODLIKE levels are rather insane, but it's something so strive for, right? I'll be tracking this goal on the right side of the blog. For a completion to count, it has to be a true 100%, DLC included. If new DLC comes out to cause a game to become incomplete, I remove it from the list until I polish it off again. I'm an all-or-nothing type about completions =)

3 comments:

  1. I think you and others set the bar so high. I find J-Quest (complete tons of hundred hour+ Japanese RPG's right?) is quite crazy of you as realistically you won't be able to achieve it.

    I personally much rather achieve an okay goal than go all out for something big and rewarding and most likely failing way before the end is near. Each to their own though I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rule of 4 made sense to me and is actually something I use. So thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck with the new goal Thrawn. Your right this one does seem much more achievable then any other one you've set so far. I reckon you could get close to Gold with all the great games coming out this year.

    ReplyDelete