Monday, December 27, 2010

There's Now a Second Blog

I love blogging. As I've said before, I don't plan on stopping anytime soon. As a matter of fact, with Xmas behind me and Wednesday through Friday off, I may finally have the time to sit down and start writing content again.

For now, I wanted to announce to everyone that I have started a second blog, titled Unending in Azeroth. This blog is a World of Warcraft blog.

I decided to make a second blog to talk about WoW to keep my audiences distinct. Most of you who have followed me for so long for my thoughts on achievements, the Xbox 360, or console gaming in general (plus my random ramblings) may not care one bit about WoW, so why push in front of you content you don't want? Likewise, are most WoW fans going to care about my thoughts on New Vegas's Hardcore mode? Unlikely.

Now, there's still a reason to follow my WoW blog, even if you don't play the game. That blog is not primarily intended to be a journal of my exploits in the game. While it will do that, I want to use it as a place to discuss social dynamics in-game and other social aspect that come with playing an MMO. So, if you're looking for some educated opinions (I got a degree in Sociology) about the largest Virtual Environment in human history, keep your eye on that blog.

I just threw it up tonight, so it doesn't have all the bells and whistles I want to add to it. That's a project for another night.

4 comments:

  1. Don't really see the point in this. This is supposed to be a GAMING blog, it even says that in the title, "ThrawnOmega's Blog on the Gaming Life".

    Of course it's your decision and I respect it, but I just don't see the point in making a whole new blog for one game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While this is a general gaming blog, I feel the audiences between the Xbox 360 and WoW are distinct enough that posting too much of one content would drive away the other audience, and visa-versa, thus two distinct blogs. Plus, that blog's focus will be narrower than this one, to cater to that specific audience. Whoever wants to hear my social commentary on MMOs can simply follow that blog as well. Not hard to do. Both will be easily linked to each other once I'm done, reducing the hurdle to access either, but I'm positive this is the right direction to take.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no wonder you haven't been on Xbox very much. You have been playing WoW. I like that game but I could get really wrapped up in it. That is not a good thing with 4 kids and a wife to take care of. I am excited to read about what is happening in WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh No, we lost him to the dark side, will anything ever bring him back to sanity?

    ReplyDelete